Research & Development
MORIA continues the development efforts in the field of medical devices (equipment and consumables) for LASIK, Epi-LASIK and Corneal Transplant surgical techniques.
A significant share of development is devoted to disposable items in order to respond to new market developments based on:
• High level of demand in terms of precision reproducibility of surgical results.
• Increased regulatory constraints in terms of sterilization.
Based on these sterilization constraints, MORIA also started a major innovative program for the development of a range of single-use instruments.
MORIA Group production activities are based on the following skills:
• Design of electronic devices.
• High precision plastic production for single-use items.
• Thin metal sheeting.
• Thermoforming on composite material.
The Group holds numerous patents and brands and has acquired licenses for its medical devices.
The MORIA Group owns two production sites in France:
• Bourbon l’Archambault (center of France): this is MORIA’s main production plant for hand-held instruments.
• Antony (Paris region): production unit for single-use items, it is also the site of the Group’s Head Office, its sales and administrative departments with a single-use sterile consumables production unit.
PYXIDIS owns 2 production sites:
• Saint Soupplet (Paris region): production unit of metallic containers.
• Marseille (southeast coast of France): production unit of thermoformed containers. Click here to access Pyxidis web site...
The notion of quality is more than a program or a process. It is the promise we make to our customers every day. In these last years, we have been working diligently to keep this promise by providing our customers innovative products and high quality, in preserving and improving the health of patients.
Our quality management system is certified ISO 9001: 2008 & ISO 13485: 2003 for "Design and development, manufacture, distribution and maintenance of medical devices designed for ophthalmic surgery" (certificates available on this website in the Library).
MORIA products are CE marked and are registered with different Health Authorities: FDA (USA), Health Canada, ANVISA (Brazil), MHLW (Japan), SFDA (China), MHW (South Korea) …
They are authorized for sales in more than 85 countries in 5 continents of the world.